Google asks viewers to “skip ad”
Google keeps viewers watching through seven-and-a-half minutes of advertisement, using nothing more than animation and reverse psychology: SKIP AD. The video is Google’s pre-roll ad for Android, featuring more than 100 of Android’s animated characters.
The result? A toungue-in-cheek visual extravaganza. The longer the pre-roll ad is watched without pressing “skip ad”, the more outrageous the animation becomes, culminating in an entertainingly colourful, climatic ending.
Flight Centre has climbed on board with a fresh pre-roll ad strategy, where they directly speak to viewers and ask “What if you didn’t skip this ad?”. Before you know it, the 15 second ad has finished in full (you didn’t “skip ad”, as asked), and the video you really came to watch is about to start. Oh, and you feel like travelling.
The moral of the story? Dare to stand out from the ad crowd. Try something different while imparting value to your target audience.TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT
While you’re here, remember to comply with Google’s update: http://ow.ly/Lzu9t
- REAL WORLD VR – MIFF TALKS 2018 ( August 14, 2018 )
- Introducing Live Video and Collages on Facebook ( December 6, 2015 )
- Hershey’s Chocolate 3D Printing ( September 28, 2015 )
- Just Out: Google Wallet & Android Pay ( September 17, 2015 )
- Facebook M, Pleased To Meet You ( August 27, 2015 )
- Google Displays Tweets in Desktop and Mobile Search Results ( August 26, 2015 )
- Google Project Sunroof on Your Roof! ( August 19, 2015 )
- Google Partners Masterclass ( August 13, 2015 )
- Don’t Get Lost in Translation with Google Translate ( August 13, 2015 )
- Australian Shoe Brand SENSO Strutting Into US, UK! ( July 28, 2015 )